you may believe, jesus is son of god, because for you become life by your faith in jesus.
John 20:31 , John 11:1-44

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Jesus ask, What are you looking for?

Jesus asks each one of us: “What are you looking for?”

In talking about the recent Synod of Bishops which reflected on the Scriptures, Pope Benedict said that the word of God was given to humanity to “enlighten our path in the earthly pilgrimage toward the full realization of the kingdom of God.”

What are you looking for?

Let’s have Scripture give us food for thought — let’s allow Scripture to “enlighten our path” while we look. What are you looking for?

Are you looking for comfort?

Jesus said: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.” (Mt. 11:28–30)

Are you looking for feeling you’re not alone?

Jesus said: “And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.” (Mt. 28:20)

Are you looking for a sense of worth?

Jesus said: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat (or drink), or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are not you more important than they?” (Mt. 6:25-26)

Are you looking to face something difficult in your life?

The psalmist wrote about God: “Even when I walk through a dark valley, I fear no harm for you are at my side; your rod and staff give me courage.” (Ps. 23:4)

Are you looking to know what God’s plan is for you?

St. Paul reminds us: “What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and what has not entered the human heart, (it is) what God has prepared for those who love him.” (I Cor. 2:9)

Are you looking for seeing things more clearly?

St. Paul tells us “for we walk by faith, not by sight.” (2 Cor. 5:7)

Jesus asks: “What are you looking for?”