you may believe, jesus is son of god, because for you become life by your faith in jesus.
John 20:31 , John 11:1-44

Friday 29 January 2010

Jesus said he only did the will of the Father, not his own.

He is the Lord of the universe, and even He did not do his own will.

Then I said, 'Behold, I have come - In the volume of the book it is written of Me-- To do Your will, O God.' Hbr 10:7

The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. John 5:19
I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me. John 5:30 [So, even Christ did not make his own decisions. Notice, Jesus said he only did the will of the Father, not his own. In Mat. 7:21, Jesus said: Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. So here Jesus tells us what is necessary to go to heaven - to do nothing of ourselves - to only say what we hear the father tell us to say- to only do what the Father shows us to do - to only judge how we are told to judge by the Father. So, we are not to think for ourselves - we are to only follow the promptings of the Father. We must have our carnal mind destroyed to the point that we speak and act from the promptings of the Spirit of God; this is the end of obedience - to think, speak, and act according to God's promptings.]

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. John 12:49-50

"Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name!" Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again." John 12:27-28

Saying, Father, if you be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but yours, be done. Luke 22:42

Then said Jesus to Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?
John 18:11

But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do.
John 14:31
But [Satan is coming and] I do as the Father has commanded Me, so that the world may know (be convinced) that I love the Father and that I do only what the Father has instructed Me to do. [I act in full agreement with His orders.] Rise, let us go away from here. John 14:31 (Amplified Bible)

I have glorified you on the earth: I have finished the work which you gave me to do. John 17:4