you may believe, jesus is son of god, because for you become life by your faith in jesus.
John 20:31 , John 11:1-44

Thursday 20 August 2009

Herod wants to kill Jesus

Archway in Jerusalem's Old City




Jesus went on his way through the cities and villages, teaching and making his way back to Jerusalem.

Someone said to him:

Are there only a few who are saved?

Jesus said to them:

Strive to enter in by the narrow door, for many will seek to enter and will not be able.

Once the master of the house has risen up and has shut the door, many will stand on the outside and knock, saying:

Lord, open up to us.

The Master will say:

I do not know who you are.

Then they will say:

We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.

The Master will say:

I tell you, I do not know you; go away from me all of you who do evil.

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you are kept out.

They will come from the east and the west and from the north and the south, and they will all sit down in the kingdom of God. The last will be first and the first will be last.

During the same hour that Jesus was teaching this, a group of Pharisees came to Jesus saying:

Get out of here, for Herod wants to kill you.

Jesus said to them:

Go and say to that fox:

Look I cast out demons and perform many healings today and tomorrow, and the third day I am perfected.

I must go on doing what I am doing until the time comes for me to suffer martyrdom in Jerusalem.

Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you kill the prophets and stone them that are sent to you! How often I would have gathered your inhabitants together, even as a hen gathers her brood under her wing, but you would not!

Look, your temple is left desolate, I tell you, You will not see me until you say:

Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord.