you may believe, jesus is son of god, because for you become life by your faith in jesus.
John 20:31 , John 11:1-44

Sunday 9 August 2009

Jesus answered: If you knew Jesus,you would know the Father also.

Jesus continued to teach in the temple in Jerusalem.

Jesus said:

I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

The Pharisees said to him:

You are testifying about yourself; your testimony is not true.

Jesus answered:

Even if I do bear witness of myself, my testimony is true, for I know where I came from and I know where I am going.

But you do not know where I came from or where I am going.

You judge superficially and according to appearances. I judge no man, but if I do judge, my judgment is true; for I am not alone, the Father has sent me.

In your law, it is written that the witness of two men is true. I am the one who bears witness of myself and the Father that sent me also bears witness of me.

They said to him:

Where is your Father?

Jesus answered:

You do not know me or my Father. If you knew me you would know the Father also.

Jesus spoke these words in the treasury where the chests for offerings were placed, in the most public part of the temple. No one came to arrest him because his hour had not yet come.

Jesus continued:

I will go away and you will look for me but you will die in your sin. Where I am going, you cannot come.

The Jews began asking among themselves:

Will he kill himself? Is that what he means when he says:

Where I am going, you cannot come?

Jesus said to them:

You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

This is what I have to say to you. Unless you believe that I am who I say that I am, you will die in your sins.

Then they asked Jesus:

Who are you?

Jesus said to them:

I have told you who I am from the beginning. I have many things to say and to judge concerning you.

He who sent me is true and the things that I heard from him are the things I am telling the world.

Finally! They understood that Jesus was speaking of God the Father.

Jesus said to them:

When you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself, but I only do what the Father has taught me.

The one who has sent me has not left me alone, and I always do the things that please him.

As Jesus spoke these words, many believed him.

Jesus said to the Jews from Jerusalem who had believed him:

If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples and you will know the truth and the truth will make you free.

They answered Jesus:

We are Abraham’s seed, and have never been in bondage to any man. What do you mean when you say:

You will be made free?

Jesus answered:

Every one who commits sin is in slave to sin. The slave does not live in the house forever, but the Son lives forever.

So if the Son shall make you free, you will be free indeed.

I know you are Abraham’s seed, yet you are trying to kill me because my words have not changed your hearts.

I speak about things that I have seen with my father, and you do the things that you have heard from your father.

They answered Jesus:

Our father is Abraham.

Jesus said to them:

If you really were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham.

But now you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I have heard from God. Abraham would not act this way. You do the works of your Father.

They said to him:

We were not born out of an act of fornication, we have one Father, even God.

Jesus said to them:

If God really was your Father then you would love me, for I came from God. I have not come on my own. God sent me.

Why don’t you understand the words that I am saying? It is because you cannot hear my word.

You are from your father, the devil, and the lusts of your father are what it is your will to do.

He was a murderer from the beginning, and never did what was true because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie it is his nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Because I tell you the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you can convict me of sin?

I tell you the truth. Why is it that you do not believe me? The person who is of God hears the words of God.

The reason you cannot hear these words is because you are not of God.

The Jews of Jerusalem answered by saying:

Aren’t we right about you when we say that you are a Samaritan and have a demon?

Jesus answered:

I do not have a demon. I honor my Father, and you dishonor me. I am not seeking my own glory.

I am going to tell you an important truth, so you need to pay attention. If a man cherishes and obeys my words, he will never see death.

The Jews said to Jesus:

Now we know you have a demon. Abraham is dead and so are all the prophets. You say that if a man keeps your word he will never taste death.

Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died, and the prophets who died? Who are you making yourself out to be?

Jesus answered:

If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me; the same one who you say is your God. You do not know him, but I do.

If I said I did not know him I would be a liar like you are liars: But I know him and I keep his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day; and he saw it by faith and was glad.

The Jews said to him:

You are not even 50 years old and you have seen Abraham?

Jesus said to them:

I am going to tell you a truth that is very important. Pay attention! Before Abraham was born, I am.
The Jews took up stones and threw them at Jesus, but Jesus hid himself from them and went out of the temple.