you may believe, jesus is son of god, because for you become life by your faith in jesus.
John 20:31 , John 11:1-44

Sunday 20 September 2009

Jesus told him, "You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who haven't seen me and believe anyway.

19 That evening, on the first day of the week, the disciples were meeting behind locked doors because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders. Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them! "Peace be with you," he said.

20 As he spoke, he held out his hands for them to see, and he showed them his side. They were filled with joy when they saw their Lord!

21 He spoke to them again and said, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you."

22 Then he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

23 If you forgive anyone's sins, they are forgiven. If you refuse to forgive them, they are unforgiven."

24 One of the disciples, Thomas (nicknamed the Twin*), was not with the others when Jesus came.3

25 They told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he replied, "I won't believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side."

26 Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. He said, "Peace be with you."

27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and see my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don't be faithless any longer. Believe!"

28 "My Lord and my God!" Thomas exclaimed.

29 Then Jesus told him, "You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who haven't seen me and believe anyway."

30 Jesus' disciples saw him do many other miraculous signs besides the ones recorded in this book.

31 But these are written so that you may believe* that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life.4