you may believe, jesus is son of god, because for you become life by your faith in jesus.
John 20:31 , John 11:1-44

Sunday 28 March 2010

Jesus said to him, "Put up your sword into its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish with the sword.

when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the mount of Olives.

31 Then Jesus said to them, "You will all be offended because of me this night, for it is written, 'I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.'

32 But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee."

33 Then Peter said to him, "Though all men are offended because of you, yet will I never be offended."

34 But Jesus said to him, "Truly I say to you that this night, before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times."

35 Peter said to him, "Though I should die with you, yet will I not deny you." And all the disciples said likewise.

36 Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane and said to the disciples, "Sit here, while I go and pray over there."

37 And he took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee with him and began to be very sorrowful and burdened.

38 Then he said to them, "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, almost to death; stay here and watch with me."

39 And he went a little farther and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, "O my Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless not as I will, but as you will."

40 And he came to the disciples, and found them asleep, and said to Peter, "What, could you not watch with me one hour?

41 Watch and pray that you do not enter into temptation; the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

42 Then he went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, "O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me unless I drink it, your will be done."

43 And he came and found them asleep again, for their eyes were heavy.

44 And he left them and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

45 Then he came to his disciples and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting. Behold, the hour is at hand when the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

46 Rise, let us be going. Behold, he who betrays me is at hand."

47 And while he was still speaking, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a was great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and elders of the people.

48 Now he who betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, "Whomever I kiss, he is the one; hold him securely."

49 And he immediately went to Jesus and said, 'Hail, master!' And kissed him.1 [It is not what you say that makes Jesus your Lord or Master, but your deeds — your obedience to his teachings and commands. By your deeds you either acknowledge him or deny him as your Lord and Master.]

50 And Jesus said to him, "Friend, why have you come?" Then they came and laid hands on Jesus and arrested him.

51 And behold, one of those who was with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest and cut off his ear.

52 Then said Jesus to him, "Put up your sword into its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish with the sword.

53 Do you think that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he will quickly give me more than twelve legions of angels?

54 But how then will the scriptures be fulfilled, which they must be?"

55 In that same hour Jesus said to the multitudes, "Have you come out with swords and staves with which to arrest me as you would against a thief? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and you did not seize me.

56 But all this was done, so that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled." Then all the disciples abandoned him and fled.

57 And those who had seized Jesus led him away to Caiaphas the high priest, where the scribes and the elders were assembled.

58 But Peter followed him at a distance into the high priest's palace, and went in and sat with the servants to see the end.

59 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witnesses against Jesus, to put him to death;

60 But they found none. Yes, though many false witnesses came, yet they found none. At last two false witnesses came forward,

61 And said, "This fellow said, 'I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.'"

62 And the high priest arose and said to him, "Do you answer nothing? What is it that these witness against you?"

63 But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest said to him, "I charge you by the living God, that you tell us whether you are the Christ, the Son of God."

64 Jesus said to him, "You have said so. Nevertheless I say to you, in the future you will see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven."

65 Then the high priest tore his clothes, saying, 'He has spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? Behold, now you have heard his blasphemy.

66 What do you think?" And they said, "He is guilty of death."

67 Then they spit in his face, and struck him; and others slapped him with the palms of their hands,

68 Saying, "Prophesy to us, you Christ, Who is it that slapped you?"

69 Now Peter sat outside of the palace, and a young woman came to him, saying, "You were also with Jesus of Galilee."

70 But he denied it before them all, saying, "I don't know what you are talking about."

71 And when he had gone out onto the porch, another maid saw him, and said to those who were there, "This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth."

72 And again he denied with an oath, "I do not know the man."

73 And after awhile, one of those who was standing there came to Peter and said, "Surely you also are one of them; for your speech shows you [to be from Jesus' region of Galilee]."

74 Then he began to curse and swear, saying, "I do not know the man." And immediately the cock crowed.

75 And Peter remembered the words of Jesus, when he had said to him, "Before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times." And he went outside and wept bitterly.